Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!

January 2nd was my 28th birthday...getting up there!! I'm not usually one to talk about my own birthday, or even make a big deal about it. It's so close to Christmas that I've always just looked at it as another day, especially since I've gotten older. But this year was a good year! And my birthday was celebrated for about 3 weeks. I loved the fact that my family, friends, and babies helped me celebrate in such a fun way!!

When we went to Greencastle for New Years, we had a mini-celebration on Dec 30th. Funny, because since it was such a "spur of the moment" trip, Mom & Dad had already given me my gift the day after Christmas because they didn't think they'd see me on my birthday...ha ha ha. Anyway, below is my 1st birthday celebration at Mom & Dad's. I gave Tyler his own piece of cake, and he DEMOLISHED it in a matter of seconds. As we all know, Hailey LOVES birthdays, so she was just tickled to have something to celebrate. Becky helped her bring me balloons - Tinkerbell (because remember, when you have toddlers, it's really no longer about you, but all about them!! )Me and my girl!!!Tyler is lovin his cake....where'd it all go? Hailey was tickled by this, she said he looked like Santa Claus.Kisses from my boy! Sweet kisses!!On the morning of my actual birthday, I was given my gift by my kids....A card designed by Hailey - with none other than Princess Stickers all over it!! And my gift was wrapped in Princess Wrapping Paper! Later that night, Nana & Pappy took the kids and Shawn took me out to dinner at The Outback with some of our very good friends - Sara, Mark, Lelia & Aaron. We then went to the movies and saw "Marley & Me" and I bawled like a baby!!! By the way, that movie is TOTALLY about our life!

Below is my third birthday celebration at Nana & Pappy's. I requested a Carvel Ice Cream Cake, because I love it!! Hailey helped me blow out the candles as Tyler tried to grab the cake!Tyler enjoying ice cream cake....Hey Ty, can you get that mouth opened any bigger???Hailey is helping me open my gift from Nana & Pappy....LOVE the tissue paper!Tyler loves the paper too!!!My 4th birthday celebration was just this past weekend and Bop & Grams. Hailey was tickled that she had gifts to bring out to me, and there were "finkles" all over the cake that she was picking off while I was opening gifts. As Gram cut the cake, Hailey took her fingers and took gobbs of icing off the top of the cake. She's a hoot! I don't think there would have been any better way to celebrate my birthday than with my wonderful family and friends. Thank you to everyone who helped make it a special day couple weeks!!!

No comments: