Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 26, 2009

Long Time, No Post

Does anyone still read this thing?? I've been so caught up in Facebook Stalking, that I haven't been blogging near as often as I used to/want to.

Well, what have we been up to?? What's going on with the Hunt Family? Here's the latest....

TYLER IS WALKING! Yup! You heard it! My boy JUST turned 10 months and is walking 5-6 feet at a time! Now, I have to confess, that's not EVERY time. Technically "walking" is when the child chooses walking as their primary mode of transportation. But he's doing a pretty stinking good job at it!! He takes a few steps pretty much anytime he starts to move from one location to the next. He usually does the best when he thinks we aren't paying attention to him. And of course when we try to get him to put on a show, we get 2 or 3 steps out of him! But he's SOO tickled with himself! His mouth opens SOO big and he giggles as he walks towards us. This is earlier than Hailey did - Hailey was a few weeks shy of her 1st birthday when she made the conversion to walking. But Tyler has no choice! He must do what he can to keep up with Sissy. Pretty proud of himself, don't you think??

Another thing that is sweet is that it almost sounds like he's calling her "Sissy"...he goes "SS SS" when he's walking towards her or trying to get her attention.

I am AMAZED at how well the kids have been playing together. They are now at a point where they can both go into the play room and play independently for a little while without us (of course we are only a few feet away from them). Most of the time they just parallel play, as Tyler is not quite able to interact in the way that Hailey would desire him to. But the other day, as we were getting ready to head to School, I glanced in to check on them and Hailey was playing with her Pooh Computer, which has cardboard "scenes" to change, and they were passing the different scenes back and forth - Hailey putting them in the computer and then Tyler just looking at them. I just had to stand and watch for a minute. It just tickled me that they were playing together.

Hailey is growing up right before our eyes! I can't stand it. She's going to be 3 years old in less than a month! 3 going on 13!! What a primadonna! I love every ounce of everything she says and does! She amazes me every day with the things she does and says. I need to start being better at documenting them better. I've got a good one that I'll designate to a specific post, but here's a cute quick one:

The other day we were out running around and the wind was blowing here hair in her face. She very sternly stated, “Wind, stop putting my hair in my face!! Hair, get out of my face!! Get that brown hair out of my way!!” Then she looked up and me with a pitiful face and says, “Mommy, I don’t like this brown hair anymore! I want my yellow hair back!!”


I've been blow-drying her hair the past few days, and she gets excited because it looks lighter and she says, "My yellow hair is back! I have yellow stripes!" (she's referring to the blond highlights...but I hate to burst her bubble that I think her hair is going to get darker with age) Right now she tells us, "Mommy & Daddy have brown hair and me and Tyler have yellow hair, but my hair isn't very yellow anymore, just yellow stripes."

I can't post all those pictures of Tyler without giving Hailey some time with a photo shoot! Silly face!! I just love her! How can you NOT smile at this little stinker!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is such a beauty! I love her hair. Hopefully she doesn't ever do what my daughter did at her age. One weekend I trimmed Marissa's bangs and told her she looked absolutely beautiful. The following weekend, she found the scissors and decided she wanted to make herself more beautiful and cut both sides. I'm lucky she didn't cut her ear off. But I had to take her to the beauty shop and they basically had to cut it all off. Children are such a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!