I really hate funerals! Just the thought of them make me shudder. But the funeral for Mike's dad was wonderful! It was a celebration of the life he lived and the impact that he made on those in his life. What an amazing man!
It started off with some worship led by Mark Bunting (our assoc. pastor and worship leader at Emmanuel Wesleyan) because that is what Bill loved to do! He was up there at the alter praising God as often as he could! Then several of his friends and loved ones were given the opportunity to share some memories of his life. Mike said a few beautiful words about his father and his greatfulness to the Lord for the last memory he has of him. Then Bill's mother and father said some brief words that really made me think. The mentioned that they were proud of their son and always hoped that they did their best in raising him, but never realized what an impact he was to others until they just heard what the people had to share that day. I don't know why, but that really made me think. They loved thier son unconditionally - as parents are to do - but yet it was AFTER he had passed that they truely realized what an amazing man he was....I guess I just need to chew on that and let it digest for a while....What am I to take from that? About me? About my children?....Thought for the day....
Then the funeral was concluded by Pastor Bunting sharing his words and expressing Bill's love for the Lord and how he would want everyone in his life to know the peace & joy he felt by knowing the Lord. Lastly, Mark sang "I Can Only Imagine" What a powerful song!! Everytime I hear it I try to imagine what heaven will be like...What a GLORIOUS place and how blessed I am to have the privledge to go there some day!
The Holy Spirit was definitely with us on Saturday. Bill would have loved the service that was held in his honor. As we must continue to pray for his family and for their peace in this time of loss, we must also encourage them to not be sad for him, because he is now with his God...worshiping at his feet!!
Pi Day
13 years ago










No comments:
Post a Comment