Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend

As you can probably figure out from the back log of posts, we had a very eventful weekend. Mom & Dad came down to help us with the golf tournament and join us for Tyler's dedication. Johnny called me earlier in the week to tell me he wasn't going to make it but I totally gave him a major guilt trip, so he showed up Saturday evening to surprise us! Hailey was excited to see him, as she had been asking for him. I'm glad he was able to make it for his nephew's dedication!

Tyler got some to spend some quality time with his Mom-Mom & Dad-Dad now that he is aware of the people he is surrounded by. He was a little unsure at the begining of the weekend, but by the time they were ready to leave, he was loving him some Mom-Mom!Saturday afternoon Mom & I took Hailey & Tyler to Jake's birthday party. Again, I forgot the camera. It was at Crown Sports Center, which was a great idea! They played with soccer balls, parachute, and cones, and had a large bouncy for the kids. It was just like Little Kickers, which Hailey enjoyed for the first few weeks (but then got bored) so it was nice to do the fun things again after taking an extensive break from everything.

Hailey loves going to birthday parties. She talks about them way in advance. As we were laying in bed on Friday night, dicussing what our plans for the weekend entailed, we were talking about how Jake's birthday party was the next day. So she started sharing with me about all of the parties she's attended over the past few weeks, where they were, what the did there, and what they ate! Too funny!! She was dead on too!! Great memory, this girl has.

Sunday was Tyler's dedication, which was nice. We had family and a few friends come back to the house for lunch and fellowship. Once everyone left, I was fortunate enough to lay on the couch and take a nap with BOTH kids. I loved it! I love snuggling with my babies.

Unfortunately, the weekend did not end well....I got the call from Shawn about Mike's dad while feeding Tyler his dinner. Thankfully Nana & Pappy came to the rescue so that I could meet Shawn at the hospital to be there for Mike. It's amazing what goes through your head during a tragedy! I wanted to do something to help. But obviously there is nothing that you can do but pray! So that's what I did.

No comments: