Hey! Just a few updates....
Hailey is wearing big girl panties to school and has been dry all day for the past few days! YEAH HAILEY!!!
Tyler is teething HARDCORE and has been miserable lately, which makes for no sleep for Mom & Dad, which is why the blogs have been few and far between the past few weeks.
Weight Watchers is going well so far...we will let you know at the end of the week if either of us have been able to shed any pounds. Yesterday I found myself quite hungry...today was more bearable....I find I think about food more now that I am trying to eat less??? Weird! I guess we want what we can't have. But those Whoopie Pies that Nana brough for Hailey sure are a tempation!!! How many points would one of those be? (probably a whole days worth!)
Most importantly, Piggy is still maintaining his position in the clutches of Hailey's arms during the night! I thought his presence would fade, but he's been a true friend this week....
So as much as I hate politics, I've finding myself engrossed in the past few weeks of Conventions. Even though I know my dad would KILL me if I voted Democratic, I found myself drawn to Obama last week....well, I guess it's just his charm. He's really easy to listen to. But after Palin set me straight, I get the fact he just tells us what we want to hear without really saying anything. So I'm not sure anymore. I'm gonna be honest....McCain bores me. He's not a very good public speaker and the cheesey grins he gives after a statement kinda creep me out. But I like Palin...she's a little spit fire and I like that about her. If only she were running for president...but then I do have to jump on the bandwagon of those that are saying, sexism aside, how can you be an effective mom to 5 kids, the youngest being a 4 month old Downs Syndrome baby, and also be the Vice President of the United States? I know I couldn't do it with 2 kids!! I'm way too scatterbrained to be effective half the time now...can you imagine?!?!? That being said, she makes for a great "Superwoman" ad. But really, do these campaigns ever really shed light on how a president is truely going to perform once elected to office....NO!! They are all saying the same thing...."I'm for the people, the other guy is not." Why is it that both candidates make that same comment.....So Obama/Biden or McCain/Palin. Who will it be??
Pi Day
13 years ago










2 comments:
Beth,
Consider carefully before you vote. Consider what kind of world you want your kids to inherit. One where the "haves" have highly placed friends inWashington who will make sure their friends get more, or the government of "We, The People" which aims to make this country a better place economically, educationally, healthily (?) and securely, for every one of us. It isn't about how much time you have spent in Congress,or what experience you have. It's about what your core values are, and about doing what is right. I know how I am going to vote, and your dad won't like it.... Our nation can't afford to continue as it has for the past 8. Unfortunately, our "Political" atmosphere has become a slime pit, and instead of clean , positive campaigning, it's one of mud slinging, inuedo, and scare tactics. Look at what the Bush campaign did to McCain in the last election. Palin may be a spit-fire, but her actual experience .... Think of this... McCain is 72. Then think... Palin is one heartbeat away from the presidency.... SO. I guess you know where I stand!
Beth,
I joined WW online(again) last evening. I have to get some weight off. I have "let myself go" since I retired!!! Right now I am going to set my goal at a 10% loss, and see how I do.
What size is Hailey wearing? I want to make her(and Tyler) something to give them when you are here. Right now I am working on new concert attire for the choir. We are making 70 tops, sizes fron a 6 to a 30! The fabric is gorgeous, but really difficult to work with. One of the girls literally threw her finished tops at me the other night. We told the director we would NOT be using this fabric again even though it is so pretty. I just got a new sewing machine that does everything. I haven't even put thread on it yet, I"m still reading the instructions. It is computerized and does everything but hang up the clothes!
Post a Comment